The medical universities of China have been a good symbol of growth and immense popularity in past decades. Studying MBBS in China has been a hot topic of discussion among students across the globe. Study MBBS in China 2022 is something getting closed as one of the top destinations for students of Nepal as well.
With an assurance of good career security and proficiency in English medium learning, many students from Nepal are planning to do their MBBS degree in China at top Chinese universities for MBBS study.
The MBBS duration in China is 6 years including one year of internship which is really a good career buildup opportunity for students.
In this article we are covering all the aspects you need to know to study MBBS in China as an international student.
Why study MBBS in China?
- China’s advanced technology, high teaching expertise, impressive world-class infrastructure, and commitment to quality of education has made it a center of attraction for international students from Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Burma, and many more.
- The most fascinating aspect on study MBBS in China is the cost of the course is much lesser than compared to other countries in the world.
- The course of the MBBS study in China beholds more than 95% positive responses over the past years.
- The admission process is much simple and more systematic with no unnecessary fuss and conflicts.
- Every year the medical universities are revised with the addition of the top 25 medical colleges along with the top 10 medical universities in the English medium mostly targeted at international students who wish to peruse a medical degree in China at a low cost.
Why study MBBS in China for Nepali Students?
- China has been one of the top destinations when it comes to studying MBBS. The main reason is obviously the international standard of education at an affordable cost.
- The admission process to Chinese medical universities is very simple with fewer documents and a processing period.
- After clearing the Medical Licensing Examination from China, students will be able to practice their careers in medicine in different major counties.
- The studying environment and infrastructure are the most favorable for clinical practices.
- The final training and internship are provided with affiliation to the best hospitals by Chinese medical universities.
- The universities have the best campus life and exceptional facility with affordable private accommodation as well.
In case you have well processed the decision to study MBBS in China, now a very crucial step of getting along is the judgment and collection of requirements. The foremost requirement of consideration includes:
1. Funding: The approximate cost of the MBBS study ranges between 3 – 4 lakhs minimum per year which is quite a lot more money. In case you don’t have the amount, studying MBBS in China on a scholarship can be the only option.
2. Excellent academic performance: Your academic performance needs to be really good. So that you can be a deserving candidate of getting scholarships.
3. English language: Getting along with the English medium medical degree, language stands as a major influence. So, a strong command of English is a very integral factor.
4. Student Visa: A secured student visa is the final requirement to study MBBS in China.
Eligibility Criteria for Nepali Students
Chinese Medical Universities have feasible and least burdensome eligibility criteria for Nepali students trying to pursue an MBBS degree in China. The basic requirements are as follows:
- The age of the aspirant must be 18 and more by the 31st of December of the admission year.
- The aspirant must have cleared 10+2 education or equivalent certifications like ISC, HA/Diploma in Pharmacy, Ophthalmology, Radiology, or Dentistry with at least 50% pass marks.
- At least 50% marks in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics is a must for 10+2 passed students.
- Aspirants need to possess a valid passport too.
- The aspirants need to pass the entrance examination conducted by Tribhuvan University (IOM), B>P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Patan Academy of Health Sciences, or Kathmandu University.
How to apply?
The application processes for the MBBS program in are China is hassle-free with limited specified criteria of the university. All required documents should be submitted before 31st September as classes start from the first or second week in October.
The application process includes following steps:
- First, visit the official website of the university.
- Then, fill up the application form precisely with the attachment of scanned copies of documents/ certificates.
- The application fees need to be paid at the instance.
- The, the university will go through your application and offer the admission letter for eligible students after which students can apply for a student visa.
- After 6-8 weeks, you will get the visa.
- Get your traveling ticket to China.
- Some passport-sized photographs.
- The certificate of citizenship
- Academic transcripts of 10th and 12th
- Character certificate
- School leaving certificate and secondary educational mark sheet
- Student Visa
- Certificate of clearance of entrance examination
Even though Chinese universities offer top-class MBBS degrees at a low cost, it’s very important to have a wise overview and estimation of the expenses. There are many universities that are committed to providing good medical degrees at low cost. Some of the top universities along with the MBBS study fee structure in China are listed below:
- Xiamen University: It has a 10% country rank and 159 global rankings. It is one of the best options for medicine at optimum cost. The overall fee structure of this university is around 6.5 lakhs Nepalese currency per year.
- Xi’an Jiao tong University: The university has a fee structure of Rs 8 lakhs per year along with the duration of the degree I.e., 6 years
- Nanjing Medical University: The yearly tuition fee of this university is Rs. 5.7 lakhs Nepalese currency.
- Southeast University: The fee structure here is around 5 lakhs Nepalese currency per year.
Along with tuition fees, there are several other basic expenses regarding accommodation, health, and many more. Approximately every student needs to estimate the expense of hostel accommodation starting from RMB 40000 per year depending on the university. The health insurance expenses start from RMB 600 per year. Similarly, for visa extension RMB 700 per year is a must.
Life of MBBS students in China
Unlike universities in western countries, Chinese universities do not have Christmas holidays or Easter holidays. Usually, Chinese school holidays are the periods during which schools are closed for study, not for particularly religious reasons. In China, we have two holidays per year:
a) Summer Holidays: Starting from early July and last until late August.
b) Winter Holidays: Starting during Chinese New Year and last for about one month from the middle of January to February.
In this period, students usually choose to enjoy the beauty of the culture and tour around. Students from Nepal and India choose to take a short trip back to their home countries to spend time with their families too.
Opportunities after study
After the completion of the MBBS course in China, the students can further process to pursue MD or MS in other countries like the USA, Germany, India, and many more. The students can also practice medical practice in China. They can work at top hospitals in China. Some of them are Shanghai Hospital, West China Hospital, 301 hospitals, 302 hospitals, etc., and work in private medical sectors.