The UK has acquired a global superiority in different sectors of education like engineering, science, art and design, finance, business and management, law, and many more. Thus, to study in the UK is a dream for so many students around the globe.
The UK has configured its own legacy in terms of scientific research and inventions which make it a global center of the best human minds.
The country acquires only a single percent of the global population but could proudly generate more than 8 percent of global scientific publications.
The UK offers a world-renowned education system with freedom of preference and practice from different areas of study and gets a modified degree as per own interest.
The educational system here has the audacity to make a real difference to the world and its future.
Because of this, the UK is able to successfully enroll over 600,000 international students each year in a variety of programs, from English language courses to subjective PhDs.
Why study in UK?
Some important reasons to study in the UK for international students are briefly described below:
World-renowned universities: The degrees from universities of the United Kingdom are respected around the globe. The creative and challenging environment of British higher education helps push students to be their best and is appreciated globally.
Their standards are highly regarded by experts on many academic topics and expertise.
The UK is multicultural: The UK is a multicultural country with immense popularity among international students. Statistically, the UK is the second most popular destination for overseas students after the US.
Brilliant work opportunities: Generally, an international student has a work permit for up to 20 hours a week during term time and ten hours when the term time is over.
This allows students to take on a part-time job or an internship which generates a good opportunity to learn new skills and earn money while studying.
The UK Government has also announced a new provision for post-study visas in which international students are allowed international students who to stay and work in the UK for a further two years after graduating in the summer of 2021.
Financial benefits: In the form of scholarships, grants, and bursaries, international students can also get financial help when studying in the UK. Furthermore, living outside of cities like London are reasonable in terms of living cost.
Unique culture: The UK is a diversified and unique country filled with many homes with roots from around the world. This makes the UK a unique mix of different cultures, food, and interests. You will get to learn not just about British culture, but from people from other countries and cultures also.
Why study in the UK from Nepal?
With more than 600,000 international students enrolling each year, the UK is one of the world’s most popular destinations to study higher education. Why study in the UK from Nepal? Here are a few reasons:
- The UK is one of the world’s leading destinations for international students, other than the USA. UK universities are among the best in the world consistently performing better in world rankings. They also possess a reputation for world-class research.
- The higher education degrees and qualifications of the UK are recognized by employers and academics worldwide making the most of recognition and value.
- UK institutions offer the flexibility of choice for you to blend academic and vocational courses as per your choice.
- UK degrees can be tailored as per your interests and are inclusive of specialized modules.
- The UK is the home of English which makes it an ideal place to develop language skills and enhance employment prospects worldwide.
- Students can confidently access the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge, critical thinking, and connections to drive forward their careers.
- High-quality postgraduate study opportunities are available at the majority of UK universities.
Top Universities In the UK
The UK possesses a lot of renowned world-class universities. Some of the universities and colleges in the UK are:
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College of London
- King’s College of London
- The University of Manchester
- University College London
- The University of Edinburg
- University of Bristol
- University of Birmingham
- University of Glasgow
Scholarships for students in the UK
Studying in the UK might be quite expensive for some students. Do not worry there are a lot of scholarships provided by different organizations. Here goes the list of some.
10. Scholarships by different universities like Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial College of London, King’s College London, and so on.
In case you have well processed the decision to study in the UK, now a very crucial step of getting along is the judgment and collection of requirements. The foremost Study in the UK requirement of consideration includes:
1. Funding: The approximate cost of study in various bachelor’s and master’s programs ranges between $17,000 – $25,000 per academic year which is quite a lot more money. In case you don’t have the amount, you need to apply to study in the UK with a scholarship.
2. Excellent academic performance: With a good academic record, it is much more feasible to get admission to colleges in the UK with a good scholarship amount.
3. English language: A strong command of English is a very integral factor.
4. Student Visa: A secured UK student visa is the final basic requirement to study in the UK.
English Language Proficiency Test
English Proficiency Tests are the most common and vital requirements for studying in the UK. Proof of English proficiency needs to be produced by submitting scores for exams like the International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) in all universities and courses.
Entry Requirements to Study in the UK: Undergraduate Level
- Original academic transcripts from previous academic institutions.
- Certificate for completing 10+2 education from a recognized national board with minimum marks obtained.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendations
- Scores of English Proficiency Tests
- Original passport and other ID proof
- Bank statements as proof of Financial Funds
- Offer Letter
- Student visa
Entry Requirements to Study in the UK: Postgraduates
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with minimum acceptable marks in the same or related field
- Official Academic transcripts
- Two letters of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Tests
- A detailed resume
- Financial Statements
- A valid passport
- Offer Letter
- Student Visa
Entry Requirements for Ph.D. scholars in the UK
- A bachelor’s and master’s degree from a recognized university with a valid range of minimum marks in both programs.
- Official academic transcripts
- Research Proposal
- Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency Tests
- A detailed CV
- Financial statements
- Valid Passport
- Offer Letter
- Student Visa
Offer Letter for the UK
An offer Letter is one of the prime requirements for studying in the UK. Before providing an offer letter to the students, UK universities consider each application form and verify all the documents submitted by the students. The offer letters are of two types: Conditional and Unconditional.
Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is another required document to study in the UK. Without this letter, students cannot apply for their student visas.
It also includes a fee deposit that all candidates must pay to the sponsoring University and the cost ranges anywhere between 0 to £5,000 which is later adjusted in the student’s first-year fees.
How to apply to study in UK?
- First, it is best to read as much as you can about the range of courses, colleges, and universities available and compare them to ensure you choose the right course.
- Then, register for the program.
- Your university or college will contact you usually via email to inform you whether or not you have got an offer to study.
- Now it’s time to arrange to fund. You may apply for the eligible scholarships available to help with the cost of your studies.
- As an international student, you must get a student visa to take up your study place in the UK.
- Once you have your offer and your visa, start your packing! You can now proceed to look at things like flights, accommodation, and many more.
Studying in the UK is generally cheaper than studying at equally ranked universities in the United States. The degree programs are also often shorter than those at home I.e., 3 years. Students can get past the degree sooner.
Tuition fees for different undergraduate and graduate degrees in the UK generally range from $17,000 – $25,000 per academic year which is influenced by the exchange rate at the time of the study. On average, students need to acquire funds between $1,300- $1,600 for living expenses per month of study which depends on whether they decide to live inside or outside London.
The cost of university halls of residence generally ranges from $85-$220 per week. Different facilities like internet connection, gym membership, content insurance, one’s own personal bathroom, and catered meals are included in the price but depend on the university.
Life of a student in the UK
Studying in London can surprisingly be varied from University to University. The university, campus, location, faculty, and atmosphere get an immense influence on each student’s life. No racism is one of the most significant substances detected on the University campus.
Universities of the UK for international student provides all the basic ingredients needed for human life that including lavishing accommodation, good quality foods, emergency medical, luxurious shopping malls, wide roads, and many more which is also available to the international students residing on the land.
An international student in the UK can get along a trip to London to get rid of study pressure and exam tension. Don’t miss the chance of getting a bird’s eye view of the entire city through the London eye on your very own first visit. While roaming around the city you can expect the natural beauty of the green parks and the fresh air that would surely blow your mind away.
Opportunities after study in UK
The UK is one of the top destinations in the world to study Engineering which provides state-of-the-art facilities to students to pursue education in Engineering. The opportunity to conduct extensive research and learn with the help of practical training makes you ready for the job market.
Average Salary: £59,900/ year
The UK is famous for its top-notch healthcare system. Healthcare professionals are highly demanded all across the UK and you can absurdly expect to receive rewarding salaries.
Average Salary: £167,000/ year
Human Resources (HR)
After MS in the UK, HR professionals are in demand in all sectors which makes it a popular profession for seeking jobs
Average Salary: £67,100/ year
Accountancy and Finance
Every company is seeking professionals who can manage the finances which makes accounting and finance some of the most sought-after professions in the UK.
Average Salary: £73,100/ year
Computer Science and Information Technology
The UK is the center hub of the technological revolution. Jobs in the IT sector could be the right hunt for you to get along with your career in the tech world.
Average Salary: £70,300/ year
A postgraduate degree in Law can help you take your knowledge and understanding of the legal principles to the next level as well as acquire the opportunity to practice law with great salary options.
Average Salary: £85,600/year