BBA is a bachelor’s degree in business administration. The degree is conferred after four years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentration e science with math as a major subject. Studying BBA in Nepal is one of the most popular majors in management and commerce after plus two.
BBA in Nepal was first introduced by Kathmandu University back in 1997. Now it is taught in all most all the universities in Nepal such as Tribhuvan University, Pokhara University, Purwanchal University, and Mid-west University.
You can learn marketing, finance, business, entrepreneurship, accounting, and operations. BBA is a bachelor’s course that you can pursue after high school. To join BBA in bachelor you have to pass your high school with accounting, the management or you can join from the science stream by taking math as a major subject.
There are many other courses related to management fields, BBS, CA, BBM, and many others but why only BBA there are many reasons to study BBA.
1. Professional Degree
BBA is quite famous among students worldwide in all most all countries in the world. You don’t need to get expensive master’s degrees which pretty much teach you the same things you do to get a job. BBA holders have the highest employment rate compared to other bachelor’s degrees.
2. Individual Development
BBA encompasses your personal development as its syllabus is designed in that way. You can learn to be a good public speaker as you have to give a lot of presentations during your BBA education. Thus it is also evident that it will enhance your ability to connect and communicate with people better.
3. Versatile Degree
A BBA degree is not just about getting a degree for your job. Unlike most other degrees, especially at the bachelor’s level, which is more about theory but a BBA degree is a combination of theory, practical knowledge application, and personality development.
4. Satisfactory Salary
The main expectation of professionals is a high salary. A BBA degree makes it possible. By getting this degree, you open doors to the best managerial and administrative professions where the salary and benefits are the best. You also get promotions easily.
5. Affordable Fees
A BBA degree is a lot more affordable than any other graduation course you may complete your BBA degree starting from a 4-5lakh 4 years course. Although the course duration is 4 years long, this degree’s fees are not expensive.
Eligibility to study BBA in Nepal:
- A student must have a GPA score of 1.8 plus two exams.
- To study in TU-affiliated colleges a student must pass the CMAT entrance exam.
- To study in a KU-affiliated college a student must pass the KUMAT entrance exam.
Scope of BBA in Nepal?
- You can get jobs in banks, corporate houses, insurance companies, and government or non-government organizations.
- In the government sector, you can work under the ministry of finance and other posts.
- As it establishes a strong foundation in finance and business thus later on after completing the degree you can start your own business.
Best BBA colleges in Nepal?
There are many good colleges in Nepal that have been providing quality education in BBA in Nepal. Some of them are:
- Global College of Management
- Nepal Commerce Campus(NCC)
- The British College
- Apex College
- KIST college
- DAV college
- King’s College
- Thames International College
- Kathmandu College of Management
- Shankar Dev Campus
How To choose a BBA college?
Many students are not able to choose the right college for the BBA so to be sure the college you are studying at is brilliant you should know these things.
● As much as possible you should join a government college with a scholarship
● Need to know. How much time the college has been established?
● Best teachers and faculty members may be another reason to be the best college
● Check the job opportunities that a particular college can provide.
● Finally, the results are given by the college in the previous year.
These are the thing that you need to consider when you choose the best college for BBA.
What is the total cost to study BBA in Nepal?
- BBA Colleges Affiliated with Kathmandu University: 7-8 lakhs
- BBA Colleges Affiliated to Tribhuvan University: 4-5 lakhs
- BBA Colleges Affiliated to Pokhara University: 2-3 lakhs
- BBA Colleges Affiliated to Purwanchal University: 1.3-3 lakhs
- BBA Colleges Affiliated to Foreign Universities: 8-12 lakhs
Note: Fees might vary from college to college
How to plan your study in BBA?
For the semester of BBA, get familiar with your college its environment, and exams. Make some good friends to hang out with and to study as well. Get an overall understanding of the syllabus and the hardships to be done in four years.
- From the second sem, you should plan out the next three and half years completely as to how you are going to study and make use of it in your career.
- From 3rd year of your degree, you will have practical knowledge, so you need to focus on the practical side you can start a part-time job which will help you financially as well as build your career with extra experience.
- Moreover, you can learn some other skills like communicating with people, personality enhancement, selling products and services, and doing some freelancing jobs.
- If possible learn some other skills like graphics designing, coding, content writing, UI designing, photography, and so on. I am not saying you’ve to be an expert in these fields rather you can experiment with them. So, that you can have a broader perspective of different things.
- The last year of college goes with the internship and your major projects. You need to focus on an internship which is the main gateway for you to get a job in the future and your project will decide it. And if you are willing to go abroad studies you need to start thinking from there.
How can you make the most out of BBA?
- Start the job from the first day when you finish college. Maybe the job you doing do not pay you more salary but you may learn something from that will be beneficial in other companies you go to.
- Many BBA graduates like to their own businesses which is also a good start to your career .whatever it may be or how small it may be starting your own will help you develop your management skills.
- Not only in the banking sector or companies, you work for, but your study should also be beneficial in your day-to-day life.